Posted on February 22, 2021 9:01 pm
 |  Asked by Louis Wessels
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hi all, hopefully someone can help with this.  I have a couple of 7260s on 4.20.16M that no longer recognize the installed transceivers.  Not sure what happened in one case (possibly reboot due to power outage), but the second one occurred on an upgrade to 4.23.3.1M.  Reload the system, and all transceivers show ‘Not Present’.  Returning the system to 4.20.16M had no impact, still no ports.

Each of these systems has 5-6 Arista QSFP-100G-SR4s installed, and were fully operating normally before whatever happened.  I’m fairly new to Arista but don’t see anything unusual in logs.  I made no changes to configs – although I do see channel 3 (sometimes 2, 3, and 4) for each interface.  All ports are unchannelized 100G, and were reporting just ‘Et##/1’ for all interfaces until this incident.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  These are test boxes, so I can open a case it just isn’t a priority at the moment.

Louis

Answered on February 22, 2021 9:07 pm

Hi Louis.

Sorry to hear about the issues experienced. I am unable to confirm the root cause at the moment but would suggest contacting our support via support@arista.com so one of our engineers can take a further look into it. It would be a good start to proactively attach the show tech output generated before and another output after the upgrade. You may be able to find the historical information in /mnt/flash/schedule/tech-support.

Thank you.

Post your Answer

You must be logged in to post an answer.