Posted on July 28, 2020 7:05 pm
 |  Asked by Mark Openshaw
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hi

I have been given a pair of Arista 7050T-52 by a company to setup for them, one boots fine but the other gets stuck on

‘Copy data from Cache to Ram — switching to use RAM as stack… .’

I have no idea of the history of these machines, could somebody point me in the right direction on how to fix this please.

Mark

Answered on July 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Hi Mark.

I am not able to confirm the exact reason for this failure based on the limited information we have so far, but there is a chance this could be a hardware issue. I would suggest to collect the output logged via console port and contact Arista TAC to further investigate this and evaluate the next steps.

Posted by Roberto Salazar
Answered on July 28, 2020 7:16 pm

Hello,

First, the 7050T-52 have reached it's EOS life cycle:
https://www.arista.com/en/support/advisories-notices/end-of-sale/1249-end-of-sale-of-the-arista-7050-series

Second, what EOS version are you loading on them? This specific platform is only supported until 4.19.

Is the one "stuck" falling into Aboot mode? If not, can you reboot it and when you see the prompt to "ctrl+C" to get into aboot mode, are you able to? From aboot mode are there any EOS in the /mnt/flash directory?

Posted by Alexis Dacquay
Answered on August 3, 2020 6:13 pm

Hi,

There must be more to the message than that, no? Can you share your whole console output from power on till you get stuck?

Thank you,

Alexis

Post your Answer

You must be logged in to post an answer.