I was trying to simulate symmetric IRB with EVPN and ran into an issue wherein the servers are unable to communicate. We need your help here.
1. Ping between Servers H1 and H4 is failing. Server H1 & H4 communicate with the help of EVPN symmetric IRB and VXLAN datapath.
4.21.6F (Arista EOS containers)
Troubleshooting steps carried out
1. The control plane works. The type 2 routes are being exchanged between NVEs L1 and L4.
2. The routes are being installed on the NVEs L1 and L4 :
3. VLAN 4094 is the dynamic VLAN that is created on both the NVEs L1 & L4 for the VRF tenant-a:
4. When an ICMP request is initiated from H1 to H4, the ICMP echo request VXLAN encapsulated by L1 reaches L4:
5. The VXLAN packet is being decapsulated and sent to the dynamic VLAN:
6. The packet is not being routed from the dynamic VLAN to VLAN 24. This is where the flow breaks:
7. The same behavior is observed on L1 when a ping is initiated from H4 towards H1:
8. Packets are not getting routed from the dynamic VLAN to the VLAN to which the hosts belong. This is the issue being faced here.
9. I tried disabling URPF but it isn’t fixing the issue.
1. Is this a feature limitation of CEOS wherein it doesn’t support symmetric IRB or am I missing a command here?
2. If it is a feature limitation, is there a later EOS version for Arista switch containers that supports symmetric IRB?
I’ve only able to attach the tech-support files from L1 & L4 because of the size constraint. I can attach the other logs (Qt, syslog, scheduled tech-support and agent logs) in an Egnyte link when shared.
Please let me know if you need anything else.
Post your Answer
You must be logged in to post an answer.