Posted on October 21, 2021 2:08 am
 |  Asked by Matthias Sitte
Tags:
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hi,

are there any configuration settings to be used when using the SFP+ ports 33 and 34 on 7050CX3-32S?

The architecture whitepaper states:

Two 1/10G SFP+ ports (33, 34) are provided for alternative connectivity options

• SFP+ port 34 is shared with two lanes of QSFP port 32 (32/2 and 32/4)
  • By default ports 32/1, 32/3 and 34 are active providing two 10/25 breakouts and one SFP port. (32/2 and 32/4 are disabled)
  • Disabling port 34 allows QSFP 32/1-4 to be activated to provide a single 40/100G port or four 10/25 breakouts.

Is it sufficient to not install any transceiver in port 32 or is there something else to be configured to use 33 and 34 as independent 10 GbE links?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Posted by Matthias Sitte
Answered on October 21, 2021 4:44 pm

Ports come up without any changes needed.

Now, it should also be possible to add separate channel-group commands, right? Like

interface Ethernet33
channel-group 20 mode active
interface Ethernet34
channel-group 21 mode active

For some reason I can't get it to work yet because I don't have control over the server on the other side:

Port Channel Port-Channel20 (Fallback State: Unconfigured):
No Active Ports
Configured, but inactive ports:
Port Time became inactive
-------------------- --------------------------
Ethernet33 10:39:36
PeerEthernet33 Always

Port Reason unconfigured
-------------------- -----------------------------------------------------
Ethernet33 LACP negotiated incompatible aggregate (check config)
PeerEthernet33 Partner not in sync

I'm going to do some checking with the lacp command but right now I'm interested in whether there is a conceptual misunderstanding on my side regarding use of these two ports?

Posted by Vijay Kumar
Answered on November 10, 2021 4:54 pm

Hi Matthias,

Q: Now, it should also be possible to add separate channel-group commands, right?

Yes,  these ports can be added to separate port-channels.

Q: For some reason I can't get it to work yet because I don't have control over the server on the other side:

Looking at the outputs, it seems these switches are detecting some discrepancy in the TLVs in the recvd LACPDUs.

"incompatible aggregate (check config)" means the received information is not consistent with other members of the port-channel

"Partner not in sync" means there is a difference in the Actor info transmitted by the switch and Partner info in Rxed LACP PDUs.

the output of the following commands will help in investigating the issue (collect it from both MLAG peers).

#show lacp peer all-ports

#show lacp internal detailed all-ports

#tcpdump interface et33 verbose   <--- take it for 1 minute if Slow mode is configured

Post your Answer

You must be logged in to post an answer.