Posted on February 7, 2019 7:04 am
 |  Asked by jake
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hi all,

We experienced a system reboot on our switch DSC-7050SX-128-R, running version 4.13.8M.

On the error logs on show tech-support i can see below concerning logs.(sorry I am not copy paste the logs from device because device is in an isolated network, there is no way of copying/getting logs/files from it)

-System reboot due to a karnel panic
-[sdb] Attached SCSI disk
-FAT: bogus number reserved sectors
-VFS: Can’t find valid FAT filesystem on dev sdb
-unable to read inode block for updating(i_pos….)
-Buffer I/O error on device sdb1, logical block ……
-Lost page write due to I/O error on sdb1

Has any one experienced this issue before?

Thanks in advance!

jacob

Posted by Shreyas Ruwala
Answered on February 7, 2019 7:50 am

Hi Jake,

Thank you for sharing the snippet.
It would also be good if you can send an email to support at arista with following details:
1.Is the switch UP now?
2.Following outputs from the switch. Once executed the output can be grabbed from /mnt/flash of the switch

1. – bash FastCli -p 15 -c ‘show tech-support | no-more’ | gzip -9 -c > /mnt/flash/$HOSTNAME-sh-tech.gz
2. – bash FastCli -p 15 -c ‘show logging system | no-more’ | gzip -9 -c > /mnt/flash/$HOSTNAME-logs.gz
3. – bash FastCli -p 15 -c ‘show agent qtrace | no-more’ | gzip -9 -c > /mnt/flash/$HOSTNAME-qtrace.gz < <>>
4. – bash FastCli -p 15 -c ‘show agent log | no-more’ | gzip -9 -c > /mnt/flash/$HOSTNAME-sh-agent-log.gz

3. Lastly considering the EOS code is out of software support have you considered to upgrade the switch to most recent EOS code?

Post your Answer

You must be logged in to post an answer.