CloudVision WiFi is extremely useful in troubleshooting WiFi client connectivity or network related issues. It is available as a service to Arista Cognitive WiFi Cloud customers, and can also be configured as a plugin for Wireless Manager in an On-Premises environment.
- Wireless Manager (WM) must be upgraded to version 8.5.1 or above
- Administrator must download CloudVision WiFi (CVW) plugin file from the WiFi Customer Portal. Release Notes will include information on WM and CVW compatibility.
- CVW plugin bundle must be hosted at a location from where it can be downloaded on WM, using one of HTTP, FTP, SFTP or SCP protocols.
- Log in to the WM config shell CLI. The default password to log in to the config CLI is: config
- Run the command:
plugin update cloudvision wifi
NOTE: Installing this plugin will restart services on WM.
- Choose a method to download the CVW plugin. In the sample below, HTTP method was selected.
- Choose to install the CVW plugin in the following option.
- To delete or uninstall this plugin, run the command:
plugin delete cloudvision wifi
- To validate if the CVW installation was successful, run the command:
- CloudVision WiFi data is not backed up in the database backup for Wireless Manager.
- ‘reset factory’ operation on Wireless Manager will delete the installed CloudVision WiFi plugin.