CloudVision WiFi service was originally available only as a service on the Arista Cognitive WiFi Cloud. From Wireless Manager version 8.5.1, an administrator can now install CloudVision WiFi for an on-premise Wireless Manager server. This document lists the steps to troubleshoot issues with the CloudVision WiFi plugin.
This article is useful to troubleshoot scenarios where the hyperlink to launch CloudVision WiFi from Wireless Manager is not displayed.
- Wireless Manager (WM) must be running software version 8.5.1 or higher
- The administrator will have to download and install the CloudVision WiFi (CVW) plugin.
- Follow the steps in following article to download and install CVW plugin: “How to Install CloudVision WiFi plugin for On-Premises Wireless Manager”
- Once the plugin installation is complete, access the command line of the WM and run ‘get version’, to validate that CVW was successfully installed, sample output is shown below:
Note: “Aware Build: [8.8.2-8]” is shown only if CVW is installed.
- Access the WM UI and it should display the hyperlink, Try the new UI for WiFi Access Monitoring. Click this to launch CVW.
- A user may not see the CVW hyperlink if they do not have ‘WiFi access management’ permission enabled in their user profile.
- Users may not see the CVW hyperlink if the WM license does not allow Arista WiFi Devices to run in AP mode.
- The CVW configuration parameter should be correctly configured. To check this parameter, access the config CLI of WM and run ‘get config parameter’
To change this value to your own host name, run ‘set config parameter’.
Once the above configuration has been completed, the user should see the hyperlink to launch the CVW.