Posted on June 26, 2019 9:19 pm
 |  Asked by plundgren
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

We have two devices that we want to connect through our 7280SR.

Device one has 2 x 100 GbE via QSFP28. This device is transparent, i.e. it doesn’t have a mac address and the traffic does only pass through it.
Device two has 2 x 25 GbE via SFP, regular network card.

We want to create a loop where we send traffic from device two, via the switch, to device one. Sending from one port on device two and receiving on the other, hence we need a one-to-one mapping between the QSFP28 and SFP ports.

The plan is to configure static mac addresses for the involved ports and turn off learning. Is that the preferred way of achieving this?

Posted by Naveen Chandra
Answered on July 3, 2019 5:21 am

Hi Plundgren,

What I understood from your explanation is as below, Please correct if I am wrong.

1- Traffic Egress from port-1 of DUT-2
2- Traffic pass through the Arista switch and ingress the DUT-1 from DUT-1’s port-1.
3- Same packet Egress from port-2 of DUT-1, pass through the Arista switch
4- And Ingress the DUT-2 form Port-2.

If this is a dedicated requirement to this scenario, I will suggest you to configure two new VLANs in Arista switch. And switch interfaces connected to Port-1 of DUTs assign to first VLAN and switch interfaces connected to Port-2 of DUTs assign to second VLAN.

Prune these two VLANs in all trunk ports so that any BUM traffic in these VLANs will not flood to trunk ports.

Post your Answer

You must be logged in to post an answer.