Posted on August 3, 2021 5:50 am
 |  Asked by delta
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hi Team,

I inserted 7500R3K-48Y4D linecard on 7500 chassis.

But the interfaces on this linecard are in unknown status, I repeated removing and inserting this LC, but result is the same.

How can I enable these interfaces on 7500R3K-48Y4D? and I can’t find hardware architecture document about this LC.

Let me know about that.

Posted by Sachin M Menon
Answered on August 3, 2021 7:12 am

Hi 영한 김,

Could you please confirm if we observe the same results when 7500R3K-48Y4D is installed in different slots?
Do we have other linecards (same or different model) which are working as expected on the device?
Could you please let us know which code version are we running on the switch?

Thanks,

Sachin

Posted by delta
Answered on August 3, 2021 2:28 pm

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for your effort.

Although reinserting this linecard to different slots, interface status is still unknown.

There is other 7500R3-36CQ LC with this LC on 7500 chassis and interface status on 7500R3-36CQ LC is OK(connected or notconnected).

We are running 4.25.4M EOS version now and even if we changed eos version to 4.26.2f, this issue was the same.

Arista TAC recommand to change mdb profile as below.

switch(s1)(config)#platform sand mdb profile ?
balanced     Arista Basic MDB Balanced Profile
balanced-xl  Arista Full MDB Balanced Profile
l3           Layer3-Basic Profile
l3-xl        Layer3-XL profile
l3-xxl       Layer3-XXL profile
l3-xxxl      Layer3-XXXL profile (no mLAG)

switch(s1)(config)#platform sand mdb profile l3

We are changing mdb profile tomorrow as arista TAC recommanded.

Let me know if you have another solution about this issue.

Thanks,

Younghan.

Posted by Naveen Chandra
Answered on August 3, 2021 3:39 pm

Hi,

Thanks for writing to this forum.

I understand that when you inserted the Linecard in 7500 chassis, all the interfaces on this Linecard were showing status as "Unknown".

When you insert an LC in a slot, the Agent for the new card takes time to come up and until then the interface status of that LC remains unknown.

This may take a few minutes for the agent to fully come up and all the interfaces to show the correct status.

Could you please let us know for how long you wait after inserting the LC?

Posted by Sachin M Menon
Answered on August 6, 2021 2:57 am

Hi Younghan,

We should go ahead and follow the instruction provided by TAC. From the shared "show module" output I see that the device has a mix of 7500R3 and 7500R3K linecards and thus we would need "platform sand mdb profile l3" configuration to bring up both the linecards.

If you don’t have this command in startup-config: First card coming up will define the system capacity which in our case seems to be 7500R3-36CQ and the linecards not matching the first card's capability will not be initialized.

Thanks,

Sachin

Posted by Brigg Trim
Answered on August 31, 2021 7:41 am

Hi....Kindly get us the complete output of show module?

Is this the new module or was this working fine?Try to run the diag test for this module and also check the power enable command?(diagnostic result module X test all, config t# power enable module X). Try reseating the module.

Please update us with your result

Post your Answer

You must be logged in to post an answer.