The Quick Start Guide is intended to provide an introduction to Arista Networks switches, Extensible Operating System (EOS) and recently released CloudVision management. It is intended to help the reader quickly deploy Arista switches and leverage the power of automation by using CloudVision. The setup, installation and configuration from start to finish should not take more than a couple hours.
This guide is intended for the following audience:
• End user getting familiar with CloudVision
• End user getting familiar with Arista’s EOS CLI
CloudVision – Network Automation
Key CloudVision features include point and click interface to simplify bulk tasks, turnkey solutions for automating network operations, automated software upgrades across groups of devices and snapshot of pre- and post-changes for improved change control among others. This Quick Start serves as an abridged version of the full CloudVision Configuration Guide with an additional sample topology and configurations to quickly and easily get a test lab environment operational.
In order to get started, you will need the following:
• SDN Starter kit (see details below)
• Laptop or PC routable/console to the Arista switches
• Arista login credentials (if you need these, please contact your account team to get access for login credentials)
• CVX – available from Support page (with your arista login credentials)
SDN Starter Kit
The SDN Starter Kit includes:
• 2 x Arista 7050-64 Switches of your choice. Either a pair of Arista 7050S-64 (48 x 1/10SFP+, 4 x QSFP+) or a pair of Arista 7050T-64 (48 x 1/10GBASE-T (RJ45) & 4x40GbE QSFP+) or one of each.
• CloudVision: The SDN Starter Kit comes with 1 year of CloudVision on the above switches. This includes:
• CloudVision eXchange (CVX) provides a single access point for real-time provisioning, orchestration and integration
• CloudVision Portal (CVP) is a web-based GUI and associated historical database built to automate the workflows
• All EOS Virtualization (V) Licensed Features
• All EOS Automation (Z) Licensed Features
• OpenStack Services
• OVSDB Services
• Overlay Controller Integration (e.g. VMware NSX, Nuage etc.)
Note: If you do not have a SDN starter kit, please feel free to reach out to your Arista account team or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to the Quick Start Guide
Preview the Quick Start Guide below or download here.
If you have any issues, please do not hesitate:
• Post a comment or question on here, or
• Feel free to reach out to email@example.com (24x7x365 TAC support), or
• Feel free to reach out to your Arista systems engineer